The Ohio Department of Education has just released their EdChoice Program Designated Public Schools list.
The following is a list of schools that have either:
1) been in Academic Emergency or Academic Watch for two of the past three school years (2008-2009, 2009-2010, and 2010-2011) or
2) ranked in the lowest 10% of public school buildings by performance index score for two of the past three school years and are therefore designated for the EdChoice Scholarship Program.
The following students are eligible to apply for an EdChoice scholarship:
- Students currently enrolled in and attending EdChoice-designated public school buildings in their district of residence
- Students enrolled in a community school who would otherwise be assigned to one of the EdChoice-designated public school buildings, or;
- Students currently enrolled in a regular public school in their district of residence or community school who would be assigned to attend one of the EdChoice-designated public school buildings for the upcoming school year. This provision is for students moving from one level of school to the next. For example, public school students moving from elementary to middle school would be eligible to apply if the middle school that they would be assigned to in the fall is designated for EdChoice;
- Students eligible to enter kindergarten in the next school year who would be assigned to one of the EdChoice public school buildings.