When we talk about the reckless budget proposal and its impact on public education it can be hard to visualize what billions, or even millions of dollars of cuts really mean. We republished documents Innovation Ohio obtained from the administration that show what the funding levels would likely be for individual school districts, but this doesn't truly capture the full scale of the problem.
As we collate our clips each morning here at JTF, we are starting to notice a distrubing but very regular pattern. Newspaper article after article detailing school funding problems. We want to start bringing these to your attention as a means to highlight just how drastic and reckless this budget is for public education, the students and our communities.
- Nearly all Ohio school districts face cuts
- Schools' programs for gifted may be cut
- Hilliard schools face cuts if levy fails
- Proposed cuts draw critics to Southwest Schools meeting
- Schools to freeze secretaries' pay
- Area schools may lose funding
- Districts Could Face Shortfalls Even If Levies Pass
- Lakota board stalls vote on school cuts
- Community Should Express Opinions on School Levy
- Schools are cutting SRO's as budgets tighten
- Both school districts face net loss in proposed state budget
- John Dudley: Central Tech cuts would save, but at what cost?
- Paying (a lot more) to play
- District Resource Officer Could Be Among Budget Cuts
- Students struggle to pay for Ohio’s cheapest schools
- Ohio school district: Lunchtime depends on levy
Please send us links to articles in your local paper that discuss school funding issues. You can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.