- 76: The percentage of teachers who report that their school’s budget decreased in the last year (after the recession officially ended).
- 63: The percentage of teachers who say that their class sizes increased in the last year.
- 16.4 million: The number of children in America living in poverty .
- 64: The percentage of teachers who report that in the last year, the number of students and families needing health and social support services increased.
- 28: The percentage of teachers who say that health or social services have been reduced or eliminated in their schools .
- 50: The approximate percent of teachers who leave the profession within the first five years .
- $7.3 billion: The cost to American school systems each year as a result of teacher turnover.